- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- MODIFICATIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT
- THIRD PARTY CONTENT, SITES, AND SERVICES
- NOTIFICATION OF CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT
- Identify the material on the RR site that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that we may locate it on the website;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (1) the above information in your Notice is accurate, and (2) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- PRIVACY AND INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
- that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or is harmful to minors in any way;
- that is pornographic or depicts a human being engaged in actual sexual conduct including but not limited to (i) sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex, or (ii) bestiality, or (iii) masturbation, or (iv) sadistic or masochistic abuse, or (v) lascivious exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of any person;
- that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- that violates the Fair Housing Act by stating, in any notice or ad for the sale or rental of any dwelling, a discriminatory preference based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status or handicap (or violates any state or local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of these or other characteristics);
- that violates federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws, including but not limited to, stating in any advertisement for employment a preference or requirement based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
- with respect to employers that employ four or more employees, that violates the anti-discrimination provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act, including requiring U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency (green card status) as a condition for employment, unless otherwise required in order to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state, or local government contract.
- that impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a RR employee, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity (this provision does not apply to Content that constitutes lawful non-deceptive parody of public figures.);
- that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, or constitutes “bait and switch”;
- that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- that constitutes or contains “affiliate marketing,” “link referral code,” “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or unsolicited commercial advertisement;
- that constitutes, facilitates, or contains any form of advertising, offers, or solicitation if: posted in areas of the RR sites which are not designated for such purposes; or emailed to RR users who have not indicated in writing that it is ok to contact them about other services, products or commercial interests.
- that includes links to commercial services or web sites, except as allowed in “services”;
- that advertises any illegal service or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited or restricted by any applicable law.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. You must review this agreement on a regular basis to keep yourself apprised of any changes. You can find the most recent version of the Terms at:
You understand that all postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials (“Content”) posted on, transmitted through, or linked from RR, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for each individual item (“Item”) of Content that you post, email or otherwise make available via RR. You understand that RR does not control, and is not responsible for Content made available through the Classified Ads, and that by using the Classified Ads, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. Furthermore, the RR site and Content available through the Classified Ads may contain links to other websites, which are completely independent of RR. RR makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in any such site. Your linking to any other websites is at your own risk. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, that you may not rely on said Content, and that under no circumstances will RR be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available via the Classified Ads. You acknowledge that RR does not pre-screen or approve Content, but that RR shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available via the Classified Ads, for violating the letter or spirit of the Terms or for any other reason.
The RR site and Content available through the Classified Ads may contain features and functionalities that may link you or provide you with access to third party content which is completely independent of RR, including web sites, directories, servers, networks, systems, information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or services, and the Internet as a whole.
Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Classified Ads, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
You agree that RR shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that RR is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release RR, its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our service.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify RR’s agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement (“Agent”), at email@example.com
Please provide our Agent with the following Notice:
RR will remove the infringing posting(s), subject to the procedures outlined in the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Use common sense when posting an ad. If you wouldn’t want your mother to know about it, don’t do it.
You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available Content:
RR users remain responsible for complying with all applicable laws, regulations or restrictions on items, services, or manner of sale, payment or exchange, that may apply to transactions in which they participate. We encourage you to research the applicable laws and regulations that may apply to your transaction. For example don’t advertise the sale of guns, ammunition, counterfeit items or human body parts.
Here is a list of some of the items which are prohibited on RR Classified Ads.
- Obscene material or child pornography.
- Offer or solicitation of illegal prostitution and/or sex trafficking.
- Weapons and related items, including but not limited to firearms, disguised, undetectable or switchblade knives, martial arts weapons, scopes, silencers, ammunition, ammunition magazines, BB guns, tear gas or stun guns.
- Items issued to United States Armed Forces that have not been disposed of in accordance with Department of Defense demilitarization policies.
- Fireworks, including but not limited to “safe and sane” fireworks or any destructive devices or explosives.
- Controlled substances or illegal drugs, substances and items used to manufacture controlled substances and drug paraphernalia.
- Alcohol or tobacco products.
- Prescription drugs and medical devices, including but not limited to prescription or contact lenses, defibrillators, hypodermic needles or hearing aids.
- Nonprescription drugs that make false or misleading treatment claims or treatment claims that require FDA approval.
- Blood, bodily fluids or body parts.
- Pet animal parts, blood, or fluids.
- Restricted or regulated plants and insects, including but not limited to noxious weeds, endangered plant species, or live insects or pests.
- Pesticides or hazardous substances, or items containing hazardous substances including but not limited to contaminated toys, or art or craft material containing toxic substances without a warning label.
- Illegal telecommunications equipment, including but not limited to access cards, password sniffers, access card programmers and unloopers, or cable descramblers
- Stolen property, or property with serial number removed or altered.
- Burglary tools, including but not limited to lock-picks or motor vehicle master keys
- False identification cards, items with police insignia, citizenship documents, or birth certificates.
- Counterfeit currency, coins and stamps, tickets, as well as equipment designed to make them.
- Counterfeit, replica, or knock-off brand name goods.
- Material that infringes copyright, including but not limited to software or other digital goods you are not authorized to sell, warez, bootlegs (without consent of the band).
- Airline tickets that restrict transfer, and tickets of any kind that you are not authorized to sell.
- Coupons or gift cards that restrict transfer, and coupons or gift cards which you are not authorized to sell.
- Gambling items, including but not limited to lottery tickets, sports trading card ‘grab bags’, raffle tickets, sweepstakes entries or slot machines.
- Used or rebuilt batteries, or batteries containing mercury.
- Used bedding and clothing, unless sanitized in accordance with law.
- Cribs with drop-down sides.
- Non-packaged food items or adulterated food.
- Bulk email or mailing lists that contain names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal identifying information.
Additionally, you agree not to:
A “Posting Agent” is a third-party agent, service, or intermediary that offers to post Content to the Classified Ads on behalf of others. To moderate demands on RR’s resources, you may not use a Posting Agent to post Content to the Classified Ads without express permission or license from RR. Correspondingly, Posting Agents are not permitted to post Content on behalf of others, to cause Content to be so posted, or otherwise access the Classified Ads to facilitate posting Content on behalf of others, except with express permission or license from RR.
Any unauthorized use of RR computer systems for sending unsolicited email advertisements to RR email addresses or through RR computer systems is expressly prohibited by these Terms and is a violation of these Terms and certain federal and state laws, including without limitation the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030 et seq.). Such violations may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties.
We may charge a fee to post Content in some areas of the Classified Ads. The fee is an access fee permitting Content to be posted in a designated area. Each party posting Content to the Classified Ads is responsible for said Content and compliance with the Terms. All fees paid will be non-refundable in the event that Content is removed from the Classified Ads for violating the Terms.
You acknowledge that RR may establish limits concerning use of the Classified Ads, including the maximum number of days that Content will be retained by the Classified Ads, the maximum number and size of postings, email messages, or other Content that may be transmitted or stored by the Classified Ads, and the frequency with which you may access the Classified Ads. You agree that RR has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content maintained or transmitted by the Classified Ads. You acknowledge that RR reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Classified Ads (or any part thereof) with or without notice, and that RR shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Classified Ads.
RR grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to access the Classified Ads for your own personal use. This license does not include: (a) access to the Classified Ads by Posting Agents; or (b) any collection, aggregation, copying, duplication, display or derivative use of the Classified Ads nor any use of data mining, robots, spiders, or similar data gathering and extraction tools for any purpose unless expressly permitted by RR. A limited exception to (b) is provided to internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use such tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Classified Ads, provided they each do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent and comply with our robots.txt file.
Use of the Classified Ads beyond the scope of authorized access granted to you by RR immediately terminates said permission or license.
You agree that RR, in its sole discretion, has the right (but not the obligation) to delete or deactivate your account, block your email or IP address, or otherwise terminate your access to or use of the Classified Ads (or any part thereof), immediately and without notice, and remove and discard any Content within the Classified Ads, for any reason, including, without limitation, if RR believes that you have acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the Terms. Further, you agree that RR shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Classified Ads. Further, you agree not to attempt to use the Classified Ads after said termination. Sections 2, 4, 6 and 10-19 shall survive termination of the Terms.
The Classified Ads is protected to the maximum extent permitted by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or through the Classified Ads is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws, and international conventions. Any reproduction, modification, creation of derivative works from or redistribution of the site or the collective work, and/or copying or reproducing the sites or any portion thereof to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is prohibited without the express written consent of RR. You further agree not to reproduce, duplicate or copy Content from the Classified Ads without the express written consent of RR, and agree to abide by any and all copyright notices displayed on the Classified Ads. You may not decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Classified Ads. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of the Classified Ads.
Although RR does not claim ownership of content that its users post, by posting Content to any public area of the Classified Ads, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to RR an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute said Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, said Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses (through multiple tiers) of the foregoing. Furthermore, by posting Content to any public area of the Classified Ads, you automatically grant RR all rights necessary to prohibit any subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, or exploitation of the Content on the Classified Ads by any party for any purpose.
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE RR SITE AND THE CLASSIFIED ADS IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE RR SITE AND THE CLASSIFIED ADS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, RR DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE RR SITE AND THE CLASSIFIED ADS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, RR DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE RR SITE OR THE SITES OR SERVICE, OR ACCESSED THROUGH ANY LINKS ON THE RR SITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, RR DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE RR SITE OR THE CLASSIFIED ADS. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RR BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF RR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE RR SITE OR THE CLASSIFIED ADS, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF THE RR SITE OR THE CLASSIFIED ADS, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE RR SITE OR THE CLASSIFIED ADS, OR THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, ALTERATION, OR TERMINATION OF THE RR SITE OR THE CLASSIFIED ADS. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RR SITE OR THE CLASSIFIED ADS OR ANY LINKS ON THE RR SITE, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RR SITE OR THE CLASSIFIED ADS OR ANY LINKS ON THE RR SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold RR, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post or make available through the Classified Ads, your use of the Classified Ads, your violation of the Terms, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.
The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and RR and govern your use of the Classified Ads, superceding any prior agreements between you and RR. The Terms and the relationship between you and RR shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and RR agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Lincoln, Georgia. The failure of RR to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Classified Ads or the Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Please report any violations of the Terms by flagging the posting(s) for review, or by contacting us.
Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
You understand and agree that, because damages are often difficult to quantify, if it becomes necessary for RR to pursue legal action to enforce these Terms, you will be liable to pay RR the following amounts as liquidated damages, which you accept as reasonable estimates of RRs’ damages for the specified breaches of these Terms:
- If you post a listing and/or a message that (1) impersonates any person or entity; (2) falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity; or (3) that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent, you agree to pay RR one thousand dollars ($1,000) for each such message. This provision does not apply to Content that constitutes lawful non-deceptive parody of public figures.
- If RR establishes limits on the frequency with which you may access the Classified Ads, or terminates your access to or use of the Classified Ads, you agree to pay RR one hundred dollars ($100) for each listing and/or message posted in excess of such limits or for each day on which you access RR in excess of such limits, whichever is higher.
- If you send unsolicited email advertisements to RR email addresses or through RR computer systems, you agree to pay RR twenty five dollars ($25) for each such email.
- If you post Content in violation of the Terms, other than as described above, you agree to pay RR one hundred dollars ($100) for each Item of Content posted. In its sole discretion, RR may elect to issue a warning before assessing damages.
- If you are a Posting Agent that uses the Classified Ads in violation of the Terms, in addition to any liquidated damages under clause (d), you agree to pay RR one hundred dollars ($100) for each and every Item you post in violation of the Terms. A Posting Agent will also be deemed an agent of the party engaging the Posting Agent to access the Classified Ads (the “Principal”), and the Principal (by engaging the Posting Agent in violation of the Terms) agrees to pay RR an additional one hundred dollars ($100) for each Item posted by the Posting Agent on behalf of the Principal in violation of the Terms.
- If you aggregate, display, copy, duplicate, reproduce, or otherwise exploit for any purpose any Content (except for your own Content) in violation of these Terms without RR’s express written permission, you agree to pay RR three thousand dollars ($3,000) for each day on which you engage in such conduct.
- If you collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes, and/or if you make unsolicited contact with anyone for any commercial purpose in violation of these Terms without RR’s express written permission, you agree to pay RR three thousand dollars ($3,000) for each day on which you engage in such conduct.
Otherwise, you agree to pay RR’s actual damages, to the extent such actual damages can be reasonably calculated. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, RR retains the right to seek the remedy of specific performance of any term contained in these Terms, or a preliminary or permanent injunction against the breach of any such term or in aid of the exercise of any power granted in these Terms, or any combination thereof.
We welcome your questions and comments on this document.